About the Cello
The cello (plural cellos or celli — the c is pronounced, as in the ch in "check", thus "chel-lo") is a bowed string instrument. The word derives from the Italian violoncello. A person who plays a cello is called a cellist. The cello is used as a solo instrument, in chamber music, and as a member of the string section of an orchestra. It is the second largest bowed string instrument in the modern symphony orchestra, the double bass being the largest.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our cellos
All the cellos offered for rental have been professionally set up including D’addario or Pirastro strings.
Our technicians have adjusted the bridge, pegs, soundpost, recut and refitted the nut to ensure that the instrument you receieve will maximise the players learning experience.
Please find below the average size of Cello you we need according to the students age.
- Full Size - Generally suitable for students 13+ years old
- 3/4 Size - Generally suitable for students 11 to 12 years old
- 1/2 Size - Generally suitable for students 9 to 10 years old
- 1/4 Size - Generally suitable for students 7 to 8 years old
- 1/8 Size - Generally suitable for students 5 to 6 years old